Sunday 5 April 2009

The Push to Succeed In Achieving Your Dreams

by Jacob Osminski
Topics:
Choosing College, Setting Goals and Getting Motivated


Don’t slack off. Ask yourself: Is college right for me? I had to take a reading class [to make up for what I missed in high school] when I got here. It was a pain in the butt. Actually do your homework, because once you get past high school you’ll need it to achieve your dreams.

Parents need to push their kids to succeed in class because in high school all we thought about was ‘where’s the next party.’

I don’t know how many times my parents asked me what I wanted to do in life, but it helped. My dad’s an engineer and he asked me about working on a survey crew. Later, that led to a job with the road commission in Bad Axe and then he told me about a construction crew. That’s what led me to decide on carpentry; I can get an associate’s [degree] here or transfer and go for a bachelor’s or even a master’s.”



Jacob Osminski is a Sophomore, studying carpentry, at Lansing Community College

No comments:

Post a Comment